January 14, 2016
Now when I say egg muffins you may well be thinking of a cake... You are wrong!
These are a savoury really easy to make snack which is high in protein and lots of goodness which can be adapted to any flavours you like.
To make the basic muffin all you need is eggs a little bit of milk and chia seeds, then add whatever extra ingredients you would like. I used Red Leicester cheese and aubergine in mine and they were delicious.
1) Line your tin with cupcake cases (I did not and they stuck)
2) Place your fillings into these cases generously (almost to the top)
3) Beat the eggs together with 2-3 tablespoons of milk and the chia seeds
4) Pour this egg mixture over your filling
5) Place in the oven at 170degrees C for 10-20 minutes or until the egg is cooked
It really is as simple as that, I hope you enjoy these as I personally think they taste amazing. They are great as a snack at any time of the day, perfect as a protein boost after training and go well with lunch or dinner too. Remember to keep these in the fridge once cooled (if they last that long)!
You can get your chia seeds from HERE where there are also some great chia products which come with excellent customer service. You also currently get 450g free and there are some great offers too. If you are planning on running a marathon why not sign up for the free marathon nutrition guide?
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …