June 23, 2014
Chia Seed Pork Meatballs with Spicy Ginger-Soy Glaze
Use super-food chia seeds as a binder for these delicious, flavourful meatballs. Serve over some stir-fried vegetables or try with quinoa, brown rice or noodles.
For the glaze:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients until well combined. (Kind of gross, but kind of fun.) Cover and refrigerate the pork mixture for 20 minutes to allow the chia seeds to work their gelling magic.
3. Use your hands to mold the pork mixture into 1-inch meatballs, and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they aren’t touching. (You should have approximately 20 meatballs.) Transfer the meatballs to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze. Pour the glaze into a large non-stick pan over medium heat. When hot, add the meatballs and toss to coat.
5. Serve meatballs warm over your stir-fried vegetables or noodles of your choice.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …